Thursday, February 25, 2010

Of Ego & Conrete

Sometimes. Feelings are disposable. Wrongs are justifiable. And people, replaceable.
Either way, we’ve all been on both ends of the candle. The good and the bad. The shadow and the sun. The saint and the sinner. When someone paints me a picture of themselves, of all good. I dispose my illusions of them. But when they do wrong, I forgive them quicker, I justify their shit, easier.
When they leave. I have the choice to replace them. Block the hole with a bigger stone. And when that one gives way, find a bigger one to patch the old hole. Until one day, I’ll fall through that hole and face all the demons and sharp rocks before.

Only then, will I be forced to see the real thread beneath the wax. The good or the bad, the shadow or the sun, the saint or the sinner. But naturally, I will have the final say in perception.
I am after all, just the ego. I decide what these eyes see, what this mind understands, what I want these ears to hear, which feelings should be disposed of, what wrongs are right, and who can take your place, and you and you and you…
…but never me.


I am after all, just the ego.


No comments:

Post a Comment